Passing "human readable" subids via T202?

I’m working closely with an advertiser on a campaign, direct linking the offer with subids like "ad1", "ad2", etc. and collecting feedback from them on which subids are backing out best for them.

The problem: I want to run through Prosper now and split test direct linking vs LPs, different ad copy, etc. but I don’t know how to do that while still passing back the "ad1" type subids that the advertiser can optimize on — they won’t know which ads are performing best if I’m just passing subids like 280343.

The ONLY way I can think to do this would be to set up a different campaign for each ad copy in T202 and put the "human readable" subid in the sub1 field and Prosper subid in the other, like so:[[prosper_subid]]

… but obviously that’s impractical, manageable and pointless because I’d no longer have all my data in one campaign.

Is there some way to pass "human readable" subids back to a network in addition to the Prosper202 number subids?

User Comment:
just use the other parameters that 202 lets you pass, ie "subid1=[[subid]]&subid2=[[c1]]" and set the c1 parameter to whatever you want on the "get links" screen

User Comment:
Oh… this would work. I’ve been using an old tracking domain lately that has v1.3.2 installed and doesn’t have the c1, c2 stuff. I’ll try this with a new tracking domain. Thanks!

The Article Published IN 06-08-2011 10:05 PM

Share To More ()