Do landers for POF have the same stuff it that other networks require? Terms, Privacy, contact us, etc? And what other gotchas to be compliant with them do I need to consider?
Generally no. Unless you’re not promoting dating, in which case I’m not sure – I’d ask Ben.
As far as dating sites go? No disclaimers or TOS or any of that junk.
If it’s a rebill, I believe you have to have the billing terms on the first page. Also, not supposed to use exit pops (although I’ve seen LP’s with them run on POF)
Ask Ben if you’re not sure.
Here’s the info from their Advertising Guidelines
Landing pages / Destination URLs
1) Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
2) Ads must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
3) Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
4) Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behaviour (ie. when a user clicks the ‘close’ icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behaviour should result).
5) Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behaviour (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
6) Landing pages that have monthly shipping and rebilling charges, must clearly have a disclaimer at the bottom of their landing page, stating exactly the rebill amounts. Those without the disclaimer will not be approved. Find more disclaimer information here.
7) Landing pages may not have ANY celebrity images, brands or logos present on their landing pages, unless the celebrity is a PAID spokesperson of that product.
8) Landing pages may not have any images, logos or references back to corporate companies such as Google, Twitter or other corporations.
And more disclaimer info from
1.) Disclaimers should be clearly displayed on the initial landing page, as well as, if necessary shown on the same page as the point of purchase.
2.) Disclaimers must not contain surplus content intended to encourage consumers to avoid reading the information. All numbers within a disclaimer including monetary values must be shown in a numerical format
3.) The font colour of a disclaimer must be contrasting to the rest of the webpage, and must be an appropriate font size in comparison to the webpage. A user should not be strained to read the terms due to size or colour.
4.) The disclaimer must contain the following:
The terms and conditions of the offer.
The fact that automatic shipment of the product will be made without further action by the consumer;
A description of the product included in each shipment;
The approximate interval between each shipment;
A description of the billing procedure, including the total cost to be charged to the consumer’s credit card each month;
The minimum number of purchases required
The Article Published IN 10-03-2011 04:20 AM